Tuesday 1 October 2013

Finds processing part deux

And so onto finds processing part 2 where it was more of the same from last week, except with less pinnies!

Unfortunately I wasn't there, but I believe Olwen and Dave were ably assisted by Cat. I was in London with Hubble to view the Pompeii exhibition. It was B R I L L I A N T !!!!!!

If you didn't get a chance to see it......sort of tough, 'cos it's finished now.

However, watch this blog for more details of the recently publicized British Museum touring exhibition "Roman Empire: Power and People". At the moment it is in Bristol, and is due to grace the hallowed floors of the Herbert galleries in May 2014. Although the main exhibition consists of over 150 artifacts from the BM, when it reaches The Herbert it will be joined by museum artifacts from the Lunt, as well as some from Rugby, Leicester and Alcester, who as you know (or indeed may not know) have strong Roman connections.

I can now reveal, that our prolific site at Broadwell (in terms of pottery), is also to be included in the exhibition! Watch this space for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment